Friday, September 14, 2007

Journal Entry #6

Write a narrative paragraph about an unforgettable experience in your life. This could be an earthquake like in the story on page 24 or it could be something different like your first dating experience. Be sure to use time order signals.

My unforgettable Experience

Four years ago, when I was twenty years old, I had to join for army service. For a Korean man, it is duty to serve in army service and separated from parents, friends, and girl friend so almost people fall in depressing and frustrating. Duty for army service time period is two years, and back then, I thought it was waste of my life time. However, after the army service, it gave me valuable memories for my life.
When I was twenty years old, I was afraid about the army service because I heard from other people that there was too much beating, too much exercise, and will eventually isolate from the society. However, Korean government did not give mercy and wait for me, and sent me the army warrant. And then I went to army training center there was scared and hated but six weeks later I had had strong spirit and health. After, I was positioned in combat police who is put down the demonstration so I felt scared and afraid but I was positioned in police station and taught about the traffic rules for children. When I taught about the children traffic education with police officer, they were loudly a favorable answered so they were very cute and lovely. After that, experience it was delightful and then a week later I received a letter from a child it content was “Thank you for your teaching!” so I felt delightful again.


3 comments:

ozgurbas said...

that was very good paragraph. i understood everthing clearly also your grammer was very good in this pragraph.i have not been in military but i shared your feelings.

choae said...

Your journal is very good. I am proud of your writing, but why don't you put title at middle?

Kaitlyn said...

That sounds so sad.. A lot of my friends sent to army,either. And also so my brother will be.