Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Journal Entry #15


Research Halloween online and write a paragraph summarizing the holiday. No plagiarism! I'm watching you!

Halloween

When I used live in Korea, I have seen many times about Halloween holiday in advertisement and movies. One day, I saw advertisement about Halloween dance party in hotel but I did not care and know about Halloween because I did not have interesting in Halloween and it is not my country's traditional holiday. And I suppose be that almost party people did not know about history of Halloween and they enjoyed the party like a looney and wore traditional customs. In autumn, we have only one long holiday that Chu-Suk it is like Thanks giving holiday but those have totally different mean. However, I have been living in the United States for seven months, and I heard and saw many times on the street and shops, so I got interested in Halloween this time will be my first Halloween day. But I did not know history of Halloween, so I read story from Internet site about that Halloween started in the United Kingdom and Ireland, and those of some people immigrated to the United States so they brought their culture. Originally, new year day was November 1st in ancient Western Europe and the name of the holiday was All Hallows' eve on October 31st, so it name have been changed that Halloween. And they celebrated death soul so its atmosphere was scary and then these days, people watching scary movies, wearing scary costumes, and enjoying the party in Halloween.

No comments: