Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Journal Entry #17

Summarize the movie we are going to watch. :)



My Big Fat Greek Wedding


I have seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding it was second time to watch but was pretty good again. When I was twenty years old, I saw this movie, but I couldn't understand about that love story of Ian Miller and Toula Portokalos because of I was a young, so I did not have interesting in wedding. And then I grow up, I am twenty four years old, so I have interesting in wedding because I have a girl friend, and we have been together for three years. It was story about that thirty years old ugly Greek woman Toula Portokalos and handsome American man Ian Miller fell in love, and they wanted to get marry. Toula was in big Greek family, and she has a lot of cousins so was ashamed of that. The other hand, Ian was in common American family but was an only child. One day, Ian went to Toula family's restaurant with friend and Toula was waitress in there. When she was saw him, was attracted for him, but she couldn't talk anything to him because she did not have courage. And then Toula was changed her outlooks so could join her aunt's travel agency. After, Ian was walking on the street and accidentally saw Toula, so they were hanging out at the office and he asked her out for dinner. But their parents were opposed to the match because he was not a Greek man, so he was tried to be a Greek man. Eventually, they got married and were happy. I want to admire to Ian's efforts, also say he is really nice guy because he did everything for Toula, and actually was be a Greek man. But I couldn't understand that her parents why they opposed to wedding. I think that if some couple wants to get married, they should not have care about that age, religion, race and etc.

No comments: