Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Journal Entry #31

Is it ever okay to lie? In which circumstances?


Lying for Something

Since we was a child, we learned that lying is bad behavior but sometimes lying is helpful for people, so they tell a lie for many urgent business. There are three reasons for lying is okay. First, lying is helpful that someone got some trouble. If someone of my close relationship people got some trouble, I would tell a lie to them because it is sometimes helpful. When I was a young, one of my cousins who my aunt got cancer of stomach. But her doctor said if patient does not know about illness, she would be better. Because stress is one of get illness reasons, so a doctor entreated to us. After that, we had been never talking about her condition of illness, so she could get better than before through medical treatment. Then she knew about that her illness was just a cold. Second, lying is helpful to avoid embarrassing moment. If someone made a big mistake, they could avoid embarrassing moment through tell a lie. When I was a junior high school student, I got terrible grade on final exam, so I concealed my grade record. Because a teacher let me do that get one of parents' signature on the grade record. A few days later, a teacher asked me about the record, then I said I lost because my dog bit that. Fortunately, she believed that, so I could avoid that moment. Third, lying is bring happy circumstance. Last Christmas eve, I had made a surprise event for my girl friend. It was my winter vacation, but she was working, so I could make perfect situation. One of my friends who was working at the shop that sell the party stuff, so I easily got a lot of balloon at a low price. When I got in the room, he was really surprised and dance with joy. To sum up, Lying is orginally bad behavior, but it is occasionally helpful or bringing happy circumstance.




No comments: