Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Journal Entry #32

Thanksgiving is coming up soon. What three things are you most thankful for?

Thanksgiving

This is my first time Thanksgiving in the United States. I heard many times from many people that big sale in Thanksgiving, and holiday is so long, so I really excited and glad. My home country, Korea also has a Thanksgiving Day it is one of major holidays. Almost Korean people go to their hometown and meet whole family members in Thanksgiving so always heavy traffic on freeways. There are three things thankful for this year. First, I would like to thank for my parents. Since I was a junior high school student, I tried to studying abroad, but it was not easy for me. Because I had had many obstacles to progress that my country's financial panic and joined army. So I had to delay my dream, but eventually I came to the United States on March. Likewise, I got part of my dreams because my parents made my all of circumstance for studying abroad. So I really appreciate, and they always support me through love and everything. Second, I would like to thank for my girlfriend. I have been going with her for three years, and she had been waiting for me for a year when I joined army service and then I decided to study abroad for my future. But it was not delight for her because if I go to other country, we could not stick together, so I made her sad. After that, we kept in touch by phone, e-mail, and messenger, a few month later, she came to the United States. Then she had a good position in her job, but she abandoned everything because of me.Third, I would like to thank for my ALP teachers. I have been studying here for seven months, and I have had some teachers in my school. Before, I came to the United States, I almost did not know about English. But they taught me that writing skill, grammar, vocabulary, etc, so my English ability has been improved. So I can communicate with people and writing journal and essay by English. To sum up, I have many things for thank around me, and I would like to make more thankful things in this year.

No comments: